Friday, October 4, 2013

Autumn in the Shire

What a perfect time to visit family! Nothing like Fall in New England. I haven't been out east in the fall since I lived there, over 8 years ago now (wow we are old). Anyways, it was beautiful and the weather was amazing. There is a certain smell that goes along with Fall and it warms my heart.

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while but my computer was broken (kind of still is) but I can at least fit this post in.

We decided to go out to visit in the Fall since we trade off Christmas each year with our separate families. Also, Peter has always wanted to take me to the Deerfield Fair and so it worked out that Riley might enjoy it too. I have to say hands down best FAIR in the world (at least that I have been to). There was a pig scramble, horse pull, real ice cream made at the milking parlor and chickens for sale for $10. I was so amazed at the cleanliness of it all. There were beautiful views of the foliage and all the animals were pristine (I guess it is a competition out there, but still). I loved everything about the Fair and it was definitely more than I imagined. Peter's parents were the most gracious hosts letting us use their cars, fixing us homemade meals and just loving on us & Riley. Peter's sister Sarah even babysat Riley for a night so Pete and I could celebrate our anniversary in Vermont. It was another perfect night, we drove through NH & Vermont and saw all the foliage. We arrived at our hotel welcomed with hot cider, visited Burlington....and then slept for a long time. We visited the Ben & Jerry's factory the next day and took a tour. VERMONT's FINEST:) Then we came back to New Hampshire and the next day went to North Shore of Boston as a family of 3 to visit some college friends. So great to see everyone and back in touch with the community out there. I def miss it out there, especially in the Fall. We took Riley to Gordon, Nick's &  Singing Beach (where we had our first date).
The next day we went apple picking in New Hampshire with Pete's parents and it was magical. We were able to walk the whole orchard and it felt like we were the only people there. Riley ate her first apple and we couldn't take it from her hands.
The 6 hr flight....we survived










At Singing Beach




2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! I love apple picking in the fall...wish I had time to squeeze it in this year. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess grape picking at the winery will have to do:)

    ReplyDelete